Small Engine Service Technician/Mechanic
If you're the kind of person who strives to do great work, excels in creative environments, thrives in teams, and lives for problem-solving - this is the place for you. At Stotz Equipment, your ideas, experiences, and values matter. You'll be rewarded in ways that matter: through opportunities for career growth and through experiences in an inclusive and diverse culture.
What You'll Do
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair small engine components and some agriculture equipment at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Daily duties will include daily customer contact, diagnosing, troubleshooting using diagnostic tools and making repairs.
- Must own and maintain own tools.
- Prefer 1-3 yrs exp minimum with small engines, diesel engines, and small hand-held equipment such as chainsaws, edgers, etc.
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen, have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Able to work a varying work schedule/shift and be flexible in order to respond to after-hour calls.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with John Deere equipment
- John Deere Certified
- Mechanical experience with Mid-size to Large AG equipment
What You’ll Get
- Training through John Deere University
- A chance to work with the best in the business
- Comprehensive employee benefits and incentive program to make the challenge all worthwhile. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision options; paid time off (sick and vacation); holiday pay (6.5 holidays per calendar year); voluntary 401K plan.
More about the Company
The company, founded as Arizona Machinery in 1947 has been under the same family’s leadership since. Tom Rosztoczy, CEO of Stotz Equipment since 1998, has grown our dealership from 3 stores to 25 stores in 8 western states. In 2013, all dealerships were consolidated under the name Stotz Equipment. The name Stotz - a shortened version of the family last name - was suggested by employees to make sure our growing company never loses sight of its family history. With a history of success, Stotz is always looking towards the future. Growth plans for the future will offer you an ever changing and challenging environment with immense professional growth opportunities.
Stotz Equipment believes that people are the company’s number one asset. People are the starting point in the company’s Circle of Success. Every employee at Stotz strives towards our ambitious vision “To be the Best Equipment Dealer in the World.”
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. Stotz is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: BLUFF